She's here!!!
Lia Ysobel is finally here!!! I gave birth last June 26, at 2:55 pm. Same birthdate as my good friend John. =)
The first hours
I wasn't quite expecting to give birth already that day. The night before I gave birth, I was out with Ginny at 530 in the afternoon and we were stuffing ourselves at Itallianni's...until around 8pm!! We had (go nuts) donuts and coffee (well, milk for me) after....and met up with Cam after that...and stayed up until after midnight.
Neil and I got home at around 12:30. I went to sleep right after...Neil didn't - he had a little snack, watched a little TV....before we knew it, my bag of water broke (at 3am)...and then we were rushing to the hospital.
I was admitted at around 3:30 am. They hooked me to a fetal monitor. I was just lying down like that, listening to Lia's heartbeat...it was actually boring. Finally, at around 5pm - an IV, to keep me going. I was actually very hungry then.
At 6am, I was pushed into the labor (Lamaze) room. I saw my OB, and they had Neil come in. I was still 2cm dilated then, so my doctor had to give me some medication to induce labor.
At 7am, the contractions came. I was still acting and feeling normal.
A little before 8am, the contractions became stronger. I was still okay.
At around 830 am, I screamed for anesthesia.
The epidural was another story.
In labor
The anesthesiologist took forever to find the right space in my spine. Aside from the pain from the contractions, I was crying out also because my back was bent for a long time while the doctor played darts with my spine.
Finally the anesthesia took effect...but not for long. I kept asking for more doses as the contractions kept coming. I felt like a druggie.
I was progressing with my dilations too, because of the medication.
At 2pm, I was fully dilated. I began to push.
Ready to deliver
I was then brought to the delivery room.
Push, push, push. Lia Ysobel wouldn't go down.
Two residents helped me by pressing on my fundus. The pain doubled. I screamed but nothing came out of my throat.
Still, Lia wouldn't go down.
Then, on the fetal monitor - Lia's heartbeat starting to fail.
We had to make a decision.
CS delivery
Neil and the doc then agreed - they had to do a caesarian section.
A few minutes after the decision, I was sedated. Next thing I knew, I was in the recovery room already.
First sight
I saw Lia hours after the operation. She was brought into my room at around 8pm already.
Boy, did she have lots of hair!!! And she looked so much like Neil. =)
Darling little girl
Lia is one and a half months old now...and she continues to charm us. She makes lots of sounds now, smiles a lot, and the other day - laughed for the first time!
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment