To fit or not to fit
Two weeks ago, Lia weighed 16.5 lbs. At four months of age. That was my weight when I was nine months old!
She's wearing clothes now fit for 6 to 9 month-old babies. Some are for one-year-olds. I wanted to believe that baby clothes manufacturers were wrong with the fittings, but no. My baby is just big.
And although Lia is very responsive - chattering, listening intently, smiling, and laughing - she's not that advanced physically. Because of her body weight, she cannot roll over by herself yet! At first it was cute, but now it isn't. It's worrying me - because if she can't roll over yet, that means she won't crawl yet...and sit yet...and learn to stand yet...
So: I texted my best friend Ruth, who's an occupational therapist. I asked her to please come over and check Lia. Since she can't yet, she's going to teach me some massage techniques over the phone to help Lia.
I hope she rolls over soon!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment