Wednesday, May 18, 2005

A bit of jealousy

I was on my way home yesterday when I remembered: I haven't bought pasalubong for Lia. So: I got off the jeep (yes, am really really saving now). And the moment I did, rain poured. Heavy drops.

I ran to McDonald's and sought shelter there - also, to buy fries for my baby. When I stepped out of the junk food chain, it was still pouring. Wanting to go home ASAP, I just walked in the rain, and headed to an area I knew I can get a cab. Soaking I was, but I was able to hail a cab.

When I got home, Lia smiled when she saw me. Then she got busy with her fries.

After filling her tummy, my baby, as usual, crawled all over the floor. Wanted to crawl out of the mat. Wanted to climb on the sofa and turn the light switch on and off. And of course, me, the doting mom, said "NO".

The little one cried. That was alright, except that she cried "Yaya!" and then ran to seek refuge with the nanny.

I never thought the sight would break my heart! How could my baby hate me already? (But then again, our mothers were asking that question before.)

I spent the night sounding off with Neil and him comforting me.

Sigh...



No comments: