Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Lia's birthday blog

Finally! Hehehe. I had to wait until we were all settled again, and the leftovers consumed and the balloons deflated. ;p

The day before the party, I could tell that Lia was just as excited as we were. Especially after I burned (on CD) birthday songs for the party and let her listen to the CD -- she clapped and danced and jumped! Couldn't contain her excitement.

On the day of the party...

8AM Lia's bath

830 Mom's prepping up - manicure and pedicure

10 Lia takes a nap; Mom finishes, runs to party venue to check on caterer and organizer

11 Mom runs to salon; Lia awake

1230Mom finishes with hair; runs home. Lia sleeping again

130 Mom dresses up; Dad takes bath

2 Lia dresses up

230 Mom, Lia, Lola Molly, and Yaya leave for the party

330 Dad arrives

When we got to the party venue, Lia immediately pointed to the crayon balloon sculpture that stood by the entrance. "Ta-ta!" she exclaims. And then she sees the Elmo pillar by the gift table. "Aaaah!" was all that she can utter, in amazement. Elmo was here, and it was more than enough for her!

But when Lia saw the other Elmos - on the tables, stage, and cake - she was speechless. Only her eyes, which were wide in disbelief, told us that she was very happy. Balloon queen Petite did a really great job with those balloons! And the interior decor was very pretty. It was exactly what I wanted. Actually, it was more than I expected (I had worries earlier that the balloons were not enough to decorate the place. Apparently not.).

I was glad to see Armel there already, relaxed and ready to host. A stark contrast to my tense aura, Armel exuded the "part-y" mode I should have had. Thanks, Mudra!

Guests started arriving at 3:30. And the invitation said 2:56, hmmmm. Hehehe.

The highlight of the party was the bubble show. Again, it exceeded my expectations! The bubble shows that I've seen are blah compared to this one. No, really - not because it was LIA's party. The show was 45 minutes long (I thought it was as short as 20 minutes - like other shows I've seen). There was dancing included, which I think amused the little ones too. And of course, the actual bubbles! Lia, who's such a bubble freak was all happy. And the kids enjoyed being inside the big bubble. =)

There was also the glitter tattoo booth, which the adults enjoyed. ;p The booth was never vacant. Haha!

My niece Marianna was the life of the party. The moment the party started, she was already sneaking prizes from the prize table! (Hmmm and she thought I didn't see, hahaha.) She danced, she limbo-rocked, she socialized with everyone (i.e., attempted to take Vida's name tag because she didn't have one YET). And what a big surprise for her, when, at the end of the party, she won the big jar of jellyace (the one she's been eyeing on the whole time) in the raffle draw! Hahaha!

The party ended at 6. I was exhausted, and had a bad headache, but didn't care. I was happy, Lia was very happy, and the kids had fun. =) And, everyone said it was a great party (thanks, you're real friends, hehehe).

'Til the next one! (That's Lia's seventh, hehehe.)



No comments: