Friday, February 03, 2006

Cuts and bruises

Yesterday, Lia acquired her second bruise of her lifetime. I found out about it when I called home to ask about my baby, and the helper informed me that Lia's knees have just been scraped. The neighbor's kid pulled Lia towards her, and with Lia's smaller steps (the kid was 1.5 years older), she stumbled and scraped her knees, plus bruised her finger.

I went home with six cups of ice cream yesterday just to cheer Lia up. ;p

Lia had her first ever knee scrape around three weeks ago, while running along the stretch of the garage. She wouldn't let the nanny hold her hand, so there. She knew it was her fault; she told us the story of how it happened, later that day.

I wonder how she feels about her physical injuries? My first ever memory of my knees being scraped was when I was around 4. I was playing near a parked Pepsi truck. A great idea struck me - I climbed onto the truck, holding on to Pepsi bottles. Of course, I fell. Voila, my first ever bloody knee bruise. I ran home crying, and my mother poured (yes, poured) half a bottle of alcohol onto it. I believe my howl was louder than a hundred dogs'. From then on, I was very careful not to get myself cut/bruised. The memory of the searing pain of the alcohol was just too much.

Unperturbed. For now, that's how Lia is with her bruises and insect bites. ;)



No comments: