Sunday, July 01, 2007

Lia's first musical/theater experience


lia_hsmusical
Originally uploaded by micaela
Last night, Lia and I went to Meralco Theater, to watch Disney's High School Musical on stage. The tickets were gifts from Tita June. It was a gift for Lia's birthday, but the good friend that she is, she included me in her ticket purchase---thanks soooo much!!!

It was Lia's first time to watch a show on stage. I was quite excited and apprehensive at the same time. Lia loved the movie, yes, and I knew she'd be excited watching it on stage, but at the same time, she's just three years old--and could get bored anytime. So before we arrived at the Meralco Theater, I briefed her about the do's and don'ts of theater-watching. She listened well, and said "okay" to my every reminder.

First sign of boredom: when the show didn't start on time. "Mommy, WHERE IS Gabriella???" She wouldn't stop her questioning until the lights went off and the show started.

As soon as the show began, Lia got so excited. She immediately looked for Gabriella Montez. And when Gabriella started singing, Lia shouted, in her loudest voice: "Gabriella, you're galing!!!" People around us laughed at my starstruck kid.

Lia sang (and danced) with the performers. When the high school kids mingled among the audience, dancing at the aisles, Lia did something I half-expected her to do: she got out of her seat and walked towards the aisle, wanting to join the dancing cast! But when she was almost at the end of the row, she turned around and looked for me. She could not go on anymore, as she wanted me to go with her! Of course, I couldn't go with her and dance! ;p

When the show ended, I bought her a souvenir program, which she held on tightly until we reached home. :) She raved about the show to her Dad and yaya and our househelp. She's still raving about it until now!

No comments: