Sick baby
I took Lia to the hospital last Friday. She wasn't taking in too much food (or milk), her fever won't go down, and her cough bothered her at night (which led to us not getting any sleep either).
I actually wanted to have her confined earlier during the week because I was dead worried about her condition. The pedia was utterly conservative. Observe, she said. Whenever I sent her SMS informing her of my baby's condition, she'd always respond with "observe". Finally, on Friday, after having a sleepless night, Lia's pedia consented to have her confined.
As instructed, I first took her to Makati Med ER. The triage was expecting us, as the doctor had already called and briefed them. After the usual checking, they inserted an IV for her dextrose. Lia cried her lungs out! I dared not look at the resident inserting the IV as I feared that I might take pity on my baby and tell them to stop. I offered what I can - soothed her with momma's kisses.
Daddy held her as we wheeled them to the room. She started to cry again when she saw the resident who inserted the IV. After much crying, she fell asleep on the hospital bed, with me by her side.
Nursephobia?
Oh, that's inevitable, I think. Lia's lips would curl downwards, pout, and start to cry when the nurses came in. Even when they just came in to check her dextrose! Even if they were a feet away. She'd cry, and stop only when they've gone.
On the second day, she mustered enough courage not to cry, but to get mad at the nurses. She'd grunt and move away when they'd come near her. Hahaha!
Before she was discharged, she was chummy with the nurses. Smiling at them, waving her hand to say "hi". Funny girl!
Will to get well
A day after Lia was admitted, she was almost up the whole day. Reading her books, talking to Mrs. Turtle and baby Turtle (heehee, toys from Ninang Tiff), and blowing imaginary bubbles on her bubble-wand.
The doc however advised that she still stay in the hospital, because her fever was still fluctuating.
My little girl didn't look like she was sick: she sang, smiled, babbled the whole day.
Discharged
The next day was a bright one for Lia: she was going to be discharged! While the nurse took off her IV, she watched in fascination. And when her left hand was finally free, she counted her fingers. Made sure they were still there! Hahaha! And then she smiled, and laughed.
And during the ride home, a bright smile was pasted on my baby's face.
Mommy Badge
My friend Marc said I deserve a Mommy badge already for Lia's first hospitalization. ;p
2 comments:
Mica,
I hope Lia's fine and well now.
Hey Alfie! Yeah, she's fine now. Nagpapataba na ulit! Thanks for asking. =)
Post a Comment