Bad hair day
I arrived home last Monday night to find Lia with shorter bangs.
"What happened?" I asked the yaya, while trying hard not to lose my temper at the thought that she, indeed, cut my baby's hair without my permission.
"Ginupit ko!" answered the yaya, somewhat proud.
I took a deep breath, and went upstairs to discuss the matter with Neil. I found out I could not discuss it with Neil without being mad. So, I just went back downstairs.
And had a screaming session with the yaya. Starring me, of course.
It was the first time I had an outburst with the nanny. I've always been very patient with her. Despite family and friends' comments that she was "preska", "feeling close", "atribida", I forced myself to ignore them. Just because she was also patient with Lia's kakulitan.
And, it was the first time, I think, that my anger got into her. After my outburst, she sulked in a corner. Until the next day, mind you.
I don't care. It was better that I got mad. She crossed the line already! Because of what she did, I felt she didn't respect us. (And therefore, my sermon was all about respect.)
Lia, meanwhile, has much much shorter bangs. Higher than her eyebrows. And a little bit layered.
Will just have to grow them back. Can't take her to the salon as they will just shorten her bangs just to keep them neat.
No comments:
Post a Comment