Thursday, July 10, 2008

Harrassed- and Haggard-dot-com



I didn't imagine I could be this Mom who'd be screaming her lungs out over her kid's bad/naughty/disobedient deed. I've always imagined, since I was an innately patient person, that I'd discipline my kids with a "come-here-and-let's-talk-about-it" style.


That imagination quickly faded away. I was a scream-my-lungs-out type of Mom after all!


Lia's been testing my patience recently. She has just started school. Her yaya took a three-week leave. Kaitlin's at the stage where she gets our attention (even if it's not intentional) because she's just so cute.


I've been waking up at 5:30AM every day, just so I can eat, take my bath, do my thing before the kids wake up. Kaitlin wakes up and looks for me to feed. Lia wakes up and throws a tantrum, and wants Mommy to feed and bathe her and even take her to school.


I end up screaming. And late for work.


The other day was one of my stressful ones, I think. Lia had cough and cold. And whenever we paid attention to Kaitlin, she would exaggerate her coughing, and cry. And then, request for a "carry".


I ended up screaming. Again.


I took Lia to the pedia for her cough. When her pedia asked her how Kaitlin was, Ate's answer was: "Sigh. She always wants to be carried!" with a voice that was unmistakably jealous and complaining.


Lia is just so jealous of Kaitlin these days, I don't know how to handle it anymore. I never grew up with siblings, so I'm having a bit of a difficulty here. But bottom line is: Lia's behaving that way because of jealousy.


Neil and I are trying different strategies to make Lia feel that she's still loved even if Kaitlin's here. Right now, our strategy is: treat Lia with lambing, even if she throws a tantrum. Let's see if that works (we're hoping it will).


I need a massage.



No comments: