Kaitlin's out!
Gave birth to Kaitlin Ava last February 22! She weighed 6.4 lbs. :)
Neil and I were up early last February 22, because we had to be at the hospital before 6AM. My OB-Gyne was a morning person; she wanted to do the surgery at 7AM! :) So I had to be in before then for the preps.
It was a different experience from that of Lia's childbirth. I walked into the delivery area and announced I was giving birth--a scheduled caesarian section. I handed in my typed Q&A for the nurse (hehehe, the OC person that I am), they told me to change into my hospital gown, did skin allergy tests on me and inserted my IV. While they were doing that, my doctor came in (that was still 6:30 in the morning--she really is a morning person!) and asked how I was.
I was then wheeled into the delivery room. The anesthesiologist (very pleasant) introduced himself, and informed me of the anesthesia he was going to give me. With my OB-Gyne's help (curling me up to the C position), he gave me a shot at my lower back. As they lay me down the table (which was really so narrow), I began to feel the numbness from waist down. Then my doc sliced my old wound (where Lia came out) as I waited.
I think I waited for only 10 mintues or so, before I heard Kaitlin's cry. She was a wailer! I watched as they checked her out and ID'd her. Then they brought her to my side. She was crying her lungs out but when I talked to her, she stopped! :)
They took Kaitlin to the nursery, while I chilled (because of the anesthesia). They then wheeled me to the recovery room, where I stayed for 12 hours (that was because there was no available room for me! Aarrrgh.).
When finally I was given a room, Kaitlin was brought to me. She roomed in with me the whole time we were in the hospital (whereas Lia stayed in the nursery). It was a different experience--as I had my hands full on her right away!
We left the hospital after 2.5 days. It was relatively quick, as CS recoveries usually take longer. I guess I also couldn't wait to get home and get comfy.
So...here's to another round of dirty diapers! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment